Hundreds turn out at Hatfield House run
HUNDREDS of runners helped to raise more than �150,000 for Cancer Research on Saturday.
The 10k run, at Hatfield House, included runners of all abilities.
Hayley Gunn Bruce, Cancer Research UK’s event manager for Hatfield, told the WHT: “It was really good and was a really successful event.
“We had about 1,500 runners and it was absolutely amazing.
“The course was absolutely lovely.
You may also want to watch:
“We were worried when we saw the forecast but it turned out to be perfect running conditions.”
She urged participants to return their sponsorship money quickly, but estimated the run had raised “about �156,000”.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 10 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses