Hundreds pack out festive fair in Potters Bar
MORE than 600 people squeezed into the Potters Bar United Reformed Church for the Darkes Fayre.
The annual attraction last Saturday was again a colourful and popular event – and raised more than �8,000 for the church’s work in the community.
Opened by Hertsmere deputy mayor Peter Knell, the fair incorporated a new layout to better accommodate a larger refreshment.
And, as usual, Father Christmas was a special guest, meeting youngsters in his grotto.
Our photographer Casey Gutteridge was also among those in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
For his pictures, see next week’s Potters Bar Edition.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure