Hundreds join Facebook group to oppose Hatfield incinerator
AN online group founded to oppose plans to build a massive incinerator in Hatfield has attracted nearly 1,000 supporters.
The group, entitled No to the Hatfield Incinerator, has been set up on the social networking site Facebook.
Founded by Mike Hobday, the chairman of campaign group Action Hatfield, the group seeks to mobilise support against the county council’s plans to build a �200m waste burner at New Barnfield in Travellers Lane.
He said: “Facebook is a very effective way of reaching out to people, particularly to generations of local people who don’t necessarily pay attention to leaflets that come through the door.
“The popularity of the group shows that there is very strong cross generation opposition to a waste incinerator in the area.”
You may also want to watch:
* The Welwyn Hatfield Times is running its InferNO! campaign to oppose the incinerator. Sign our online petition by clicking on the link above right.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 5 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 6 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 7 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 8 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 9 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images