How would you spend �12,000 on Potters Bar makeover?
THOUSANDS of pounds have been set aside to spruce up Potters Bar town centre – now residents and businesses alike are being asked how it should be spent.
Hertsmere Borough Council has a pot of �12,000 to spend on improvements such as benches, litter bins, cycle holders, trees and flower beds.
The cash is left over from a special fund set aside for improving the town centre, some of which was used to refurbish the forecourt at Potters Bar railway station last year.
Suggestions so far include planting a Christmas tree at the entrance of Oakmere Park, displaying art along High Street and placing bollards along Darkes Lane to stop lorries parking on the pavement.
Mark Silverman, planning policy and transport manager, said: “We have around �12,000 for town centre improvements and would really like to know what local residents and businesses, and even visitors, would like us to spend it on.
You may also want to watch:
“If you’ve ever wandered down the High Street or Darkes Lane and thought ‘It would be good if there was somewhere to sit here’ or ‘It would be nice to have more greenery,’ then this is your chance to let us know what you think.”
If you have an idea on how the money could be spent, call the council on 020 8207 2277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 10 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
Ideas can also be submitted to the council in writing at the Civic Offices, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, Herts, WD6 1WA.