Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- Credit: Welwyn Garden City Society
There is still time to comment on some of the proposals for developments along Broadwater Road and the old Shredded Wheat Factory site in Welwyn Garden City.
Developers want to build 1,209 homes in the Wheat Quarter, 289 homes at the BioPark and 721 homes on the South Site.
The WHT previously published outdated images of the proposals, so we are now publishing the updated versions.
The Welwyn Garden City Society commented: "We welcome the correction so residents can see the true proposals with the lost green spaces and new building infills.
"Residents are being asked to comment on the changes, so they should be clearly identified.
You may also want to watch:
"The full impact of the proposed changes is only now becoming apparent. While there have been a substantial quantity of objections to date, more will still be needed to register the fullest impact."
Residents can comment at https://www.welhat.gov.uk/eia, with comments on the South Site open until Friday.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas