Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- Credit: Welwyn Garden City Society
There is still time to comment on some of the proposals for developments along Broadwater Road and the old Shredded Wheat Factory site in Welwyn Garden City.
Developers want to build 1,209 homes in the Wheat Quarter, 289 homes at the BioPark and 721 homes on the South Site.
The WHT previously published outdated images of the proposals, so we are now publishing the updated versions.
The Welwyn Garden City Society commented: "We welcome the correction so residents can see the true proposals with the lost green spaces and new building infills.
"Residents are being asked to comment on the changes, so they should be clearly identified.
You may also want to watch:
"The full impact of the proposed changes is only now becoming apparent. While there have been a substantial quantity of objections to date, more will still be needed to register the fullest impact."
Residents can comment at https://www.welhat.gov.uk/eia, with comments on the South Site open until Friday.
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 7 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week