Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- Credit: Welwyn Garden City Society
There is still time to comment on some of the proposals for developments along Broadwater Road and the old Shredded Wheat Factory site in Welwyn Garden City.
Developers want to build 1,209 homes in the Wheat Quarter, 289 homes at the BioPark and 721 homes on the South Site.
The WHT previously published outdated images of the proposals, so we are now publishing the updated versions.
The Welwyn Garden City Society commented: "We welcome the correction so residents can see the true proposals with the lost green spaces and new building infills.
"Residents are being asked to comment on the changes, so they should be clearly identified.
You may also want to watch:
"The full impact of the proposed changes is only now becoming apparent. While there have been a substantial quantity of objections to date, more will still be needed to register the fullest impact."
Residents can comment at https://www.welhat.gov.uk/eia, with comments on the South Site open until Friday.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area