Revised timetable for Hertmere's Local Plan published
- Credit: Hertsmere Borough Council
A document setting out a revised timetable for the publication of Hertsmere's new Local Plan has been released.
Hertsmere Borough Council's Local Development Scheme has been updated to reflect the current position with progress on developing the Local Plan.
The publication of the plan for Hertsmere remains earmarked for May 2021, following which there will be a six-week consultation period when members of the public and other interested parties will be asked to give their views, before it is submitted to the Secretary of State for examination.
In the meantime, work continues on the preparation of the plan, including liaison with infrastructure providers - although further technical information is still being sought. This work and the additional information being gathered is crucial in order to test the overall viability of the plan.
The new Local Plan, once finalised and published, will be used to guide decisions on the delivery of new homes, schools, employment and services across the borough up to 2036/7.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Dr Harvey Cohen, portfolio holder for planning, said: “Our planners and members are committed to producing a new Local Plan that will enable us to meet the borough’s need for housing and jobs, while also protecting and enhancing Hertsmere’s unique characteristics and qualities.
“The team is continuing with its crucial work around infrastructure and viability to ensure that we have a considered and robust draft for consultation next May.”
To view the updated Local Development Scheme visit: https://www.hertsmere.gov.uk/Planning--Building-Control/Planning-Policy/Local-Plan/New-Local-Plan/New-Local-Plan-Planning-for-Growth.aspx.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street