House fire in Welwyn Garden City
TWO people were coaxed out of their home by a 999 operator after reporting a fire in their living room.
As firefighters raced to the scene at Leigh Common, WGC, at 1.30am this morning (Friday), the pair were encouraged to leave their mid-terrace home.
Blue watch commander Mark Massey said they were probably in shock.
He told the WHT: “When we arrived there was a well developed fire in the ground floor living room.
“It was coming out into the hallway and up the stairs and there was lots smoke issuing.”
You may also want to watch:
Four firefighters entered the house with breathing apparatus and the neighbouring houses were also evacuated as a precaution.
The residents of the stricken home were taken to hospital by ambulance with smoke inhalation.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM