House fire in Welwyn Garden City
TWO people were coaxed out of their home by a 999 operator after reporting a fire in their living room.
As firefighters raced to the scene at Leigh Common, WGC, at 1.30am this morning (Friday), the pair were encouraged to leave their mid-terrace home.
Blue watch commander Mark Massey said they were probably in shock.
He told the WHT: “When we arrived there was a well developed fire in the ground floor living room.
“It was coming out into the hallway and up the stairs and there was lots smoke issuing.”
You may also want to watch:
Four firefighters entered the house with breathing apparatus and the neighbouring houses were also evacuated as a precaution.
The residents of the stricken home were taken to hospital by ambulance with smoke inhalation.
- 1 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 2 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 Welwyn Garden City one step closer FA Cup dreamland with deserved victory at Bedford Town
- 10 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend