Hospitals A&E merger guru quits
A KEY figure in the project to close the QE2 Hospital's A&E department has quit – just four months into the job. Noel Scanlon had been appointed director of clinical reconfiguration and design at the East and North Herts NHS Trust at the end of September
A KEY figure in the project to close the QE2 Hospital's A&E department has quit - just four months into the job.
Noel Scanlon had been appointed director of clinical reconfiguration and design at the East and North Herts NHS Trust at the end of September last year.
Previously, he was the trust's director of nursing since 2002.
His new job intended to provide "clear and dedicated clinical leadership" in the move to centralise A&E services at the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
But on Monday last week, Mr Scanlon took up a post as deputy chief executive at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.
A trust spokesman said there was "nothing untoward" about Mr Scanlon's decision to move on - and that Mr Scanlon was furthering his career.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 7 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?