Hospitals A&E merger guru quits
A KEY figure in the project to close the QE2 Hospital's A&E department has quit – just four months into the job. Noel Scanlon had been appointed director of clinical reconfiguration and design at the East and North Herts NHS Trust at the end of September
A KEY figure in the project to close the QE2 Hospital's A&E department has quit - just four months into the job.
Noel Scanlon had been appointed director of clinical reconfiguration and design at the East and North Herts NHS Trust at the end of September last year.
Previously, he was the trust's director of nursing since 2002.
His new job intended to provide "clear and dedicated clinical leadership" in the move to centralise A&E services at the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
But on Monday last week, Mr Scanlon took up a post as deputy chief executive at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.
A trust spokesman said there was "nothing untoward" about Mr Scanlon's decision to move on - and that Mr Scanlon was furthering his career.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement