Horse saved from lake
A HORSE had to be pulled from a lake after it slipped on the bank and became trapped in the icy water. The chestnut mare was spotted in a fishing lake off Richardson Close in Colney Heath on Wednesday morning
A HORSE had to be pulled from a lake after it slipped on the bank and became trapped in the icy water.
The chestnut mare was spotted in a fishing lake off Richardson Close in Colney Heath on Wednesday morning.
It took two hours for the RSPCA and firefighters to pull her out, after her feet became stuck in the silt at the bottom of the four foot deep lake.
After being rescued, she was examined by a vet and found to be suffering from cold and shock.
You may also want to watch:
But she soon recovered, and was reunited with her young foal.
Sarah Lambert, animal collection officer for the RSPCA, said: "This was a very successful rescue and I'm glad that the horse and her foal are back together again. She must have been in the water for some time so we needed to get her out as soon as we could to prevent her suffering further from the cold.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
"I would like to thank the fire and rescue service for attending so quickly and helping this animal. Their assistance was invaluable.