Horse saved from lake
A HORSE had to be pulled from a lake after it slipped on the bank and became trapped in the icy water. The chestnut mare was spotted in a fishing lake off Richardson Close in Colney Heath on Wednesday morning
A HORSE had to be pulled from a lake after it slipped on the bank and became trapped in the icy water.
The chestnut mare was spotted in a fishing lake off Richardson Close in Colney Heath on Wednesday morning.
It took two hours for the RSPCA and firefighters to pull her out, after her feet became stuck in the silt at the bottom of the four foot deep lake.
After being rescued, she was examined by a vet and found to be suffering from cold and shock.
You may also want to watch:
But she soon recovered, and was reunited with her young foal.
Sarah Lambert, animal collection officer for the RSPCA, said: "This was a very successful rescue and I'm glad that the horse and her foal are back together again. She must have been in the water for some time so we needed to get her out as soon as we could to prevent her suffering further from the cold.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 7 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 8 Nature migrations: Ospreys and other migrant visitors to Panshanger Park
- 9 Welwyn Garden Cup off on another cup adventure after dramatic FA Trophy win over Hythe
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
"I would like to thank the fire and rescue service for attending so quickly and helping this animal. Their assistance was invaluable.