Horse saved from icy lake
A FOAL was rescued by the fire service after she was trapped in a frozen lake.
The six-month-old found herself stuck in the middle of a pond in Colney Heath on Monday morning.
Two fire crews, including the water rescue team at Hatfield, rushed to the Colney Heath Lane incident after being alerted by the RSPCA at 9.30am.
They used a hammer to break the ice and create a pathway and then a harness was fixed around the horse to drag her out.
An RSPCA spokeswoman said the foal was going to be “all right”.
You may also want to watch:
If you see any incidents of similar nature contact the RPSCA on 0300 1234 999.
For more on this story see this week’s WHT.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk