Horse saved from icy lake
A FOAL was rescued by the fire service after she was trapped in a frozen lake.
The six-month-old found herself stuck in the middle of a pond in Colney Heath on Monday morning.
Two fire crews, including the water rescue team at Hatfield, rushed to the Colney Heath Lane incident after being alerted by the RSPCA at 9.30am.
They used a hammer to break the ice and create a pathway and then a harness was fixed around the horse to drag her out.
An RSPCA spokeswoman said the foal was going to be “all right”.
You may also want to watch:
If you see any incidents of similar nature contact the RPSCA on 0300 1234 999.
For more on this story see this week’s WHT.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield