Horse saved from icy lake
A FOAL was rescued by the fire service after she was trapped in a frozen lake.
The six-month-old found herself stuck in the middle of a pond in Colney Heath on Monday morning.
Two fire crews, including the water rescue team at Hatfield, rushed to the Colney Heath Lane incident after being alerted by the RSPCA at 9.30am.
They used a hammer to break the ice and create a pathway and then a harness was fixed around the horse to drag her out.
An RSPCA spokeswoman said the foal was going to be “all right”.
You may also want to watch:
If you see any incidents of similar nature contact the RPSCA on 0300 1234 999.
For more on this story see this week’s WHT.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 8 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One