Horse saved from icy lake
A FOAL was rescued by the fire service after she was trapped in a frozen lake.
The six-month-old found herself stuck in the middle of a pond in Colney Heath on Monday morning.
Two fire crews, including the water rescue team at Hatfield, rushed to the Colney Heath Lane incident after being alerted by the RSPCA at 9.30am.
They used a hammer to break the ice and create a pathway and then a harness was fixed around the horse to drag her out.
An RSPCA spokeswoman said the foal was going to be “all right”.
You may also want to watch:
If you see any incidents of similar nature contact the RPSCA on 0300 1234 999.
For more on this story see this week’s WHT.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 8 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 9 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week