Horse killed in collision with car near Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
A horse was killed this morning (Tuesday) after being hit by a car near Welwyn Garden City.
A silver Honda Civic collided with a loose horse on the A414, near the Panshanger Junction this morning, killing the animal.
Two other horses were also loose in the road at the time.
Police were called to the accident at around 5.50am on the A414 and closed the road in both directions.
Highways tweeted: “A414 Cole Green Bypass between B195 and Thieves Lane, Hertford, closed in both directions due to a road traffic incident.”
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car was taken to hospital but is not thought to have sustained serious injuries.
The road was reopened by 7.55am and traffic is now flowing without disruption.
- 1 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 4 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 9 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 10 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?