Horse abandoned in Welwyn Garden City
A HORSE has been left in a field next to a busy A road.
Concerned residents called the police, worried about the black and white pony, which was one of five horses spotted on grass next to Chequers in WGC over the weekend.
By this morning (Tuesday), just one horse – dubbed “patch” by local children – remained, but police were unable to help further.
A police spokeswoman said: “We’ve traced the owner and spoken to him.
“It is no longer a police matter, our responsibility is for horses that have strayed, the owner has stated the horse is tethered.”
You may also want to watch:
However a Welwyn Hatfield Council spokesman added: “The horses are on council land without permission, we are aware of the issue and are investigating.”
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences