Hope for Welwyn Hatfield families
BRITAIN’S leading family support charity, which provides aid for families with at least one child under five, is arriving in Hatfield.
Home-Start, will be situated at the YMCA at Countess Anne, in Hatfield, soon however the good work is set to begin tomorrow (Monday) when the charity start taking calls.
The Welwyn Hatfield branch, which hopes to help nearby families through what can be the most difficult period of their lives, has been supported by organisations and public bodies and has raised sufficient funding for its first two years of operation.
“But our priority is to continue raising funds,” said Caroline Spooner, Home-Start’s head of fundraisng, “we know the money we’ve secured so far is just the minimum necessary to get the charity off the ground. We’ll need to expand fast to meet the demands in the local community, and that will require more funding.”
MP Grant Shapps has been campaigning for Home-Start to open in Welwyn Hatfield for several years and has subsequently agreed to be their patron.
You may also want to watch:
The shadow housing minister has also had a role in the birth of Hope the Hippo, after he suggested the charity could do with an identity.
“It was great to join the Hippo and volunteers at the launch of this new charity,” said Mr Shapps who attended a photo shoot to help the launch.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 4 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
“As a father of a young family I know that raising children is no mean feat, and the support that Home-Start offers will be invaluable for parents in Welwyn Hatfield,” he said.
If you would like to help Home-Start Welwyn Hatfield, call them on 01582 833789 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org