Homeless single father campaigning outside Welwyn Hatfield council offices
A HOMELESS single father has pitched up a tent outside council offices as a protest. Ian Welsh, 25, is with his 15-month-old baby outside Welwyn Hatfield Housing Services, in WGC, waiting to be homed. The Scotsman, a former carer, had to give up his job t
A HOMELESS single father has pitched up a tent outside council offices as a protest.
Ian Welsh, 25, is with his 15-month-old baby outside Welwyn Hatfield Housing Services, in WGC, waiting to be homed.
The Scotsman, a former carer, had to give up his job to look after his daughter Skye, while his partner was at work.
However the relationship split and for the past few weeks Ian has been forced to live with friends, while battling for a council place and looking after Skye.
You may also want to watch:
After no success, yesterday afternoon (Thursday) he decided to campaign outside the Bridge Road East office.
A council spokeswoman said yesterday evening: ""Mr Welsh has made an approach as homeless to the council.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 8 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
- 9 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 10 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
"He does currently own a home, but we understand that he is looking at his rights and options around that, following a relationship breakdown.
"We have offered him advice about that, but at this stage, as a home owner, he is not entitled to temporary accommodation from us.