Home is a Centre of Excellence
A CARE home in Hatfield has been made a Centre of Excellence by the company that manages it.
Staff and residents at a care home invited a few special guests to help them celebrate being named a Centre of Excellence.
Sanctuary Care, a subsidiary of housing group Sanctuary Group, has named Hatfield Nursing and Residential Home a Centre of Excellence for nursing and domiciliary care.
This week the care home welcomed three special guests to the Tamblin Way facility to see for themselves what was on offer.
Hatfield’s deputy town mayor Linda Clarke, Pamela Goodwin from the Welwyn Hatfield branch of the Alzheimer’s Society and Isabel Hospice nurse Lesley Ford for a tour of the premises.
You may also want to watch:
They were shown the home’s seaside-themed sensory garden, butterfly corner, sweet shop, movie corridor and on-site pub.
The guests also spoke to residents and healthcare professionals about their work.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
Care home manager Wendy Lawther said: “We are proud of our beautiful home and delighted to be welcoming such special guests to see how wonderful it looks and to share their thoughts on subjects which are very close to our hearts.”