There are three candidates in Hollybush – read below to find out who they are and what they stand for.
This seat is currently held by the Conservative Party.
Liberal Democrat – Gillian Armstrong-Bridges, of Handside Lane, WGC
Gillian is a long term member of the Liberal Democrats and is interested in the community and in civil liberties. If elected, Gillian would work with local community groups to improve the ward.
Conservative – Sarah Atkinson*, of St Albans Road West, Hatfield
You may also want to watch:
My pledges for Hollybush:
? I will work with you and the council to alleviate antisocial parking in residential areas
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
? I will respond to all requests for assistance from residents in Hollybush
? I will ensure that the more needy areas of Hollybush are made a priority for grass cutting and street cleansing, and refuse and recycling
Labour – Margaret Birleson, of Carve Ley, WGC
I have lived in Welwyn Garden City all my life.
I am married, with three grown up children and three grandchildren. I am a governor at Swallow Dell Primary School, chair of governors at Ludwick Nursery School.
I have previously been a councillor for Hollybush for 20 years. Together with the local community we have been successful in improving the environment and in tackling anti social behaviour at KGV playing field, and Hollybush’s shopping parade.
I am opposed to charging local residents to use KGV car park. I am opposed to any proposal to site a waste station at Burrowfields