Hertsmere residents could qualify for home insulation grants
RESIDENTS in Potters Bar are being urged to check if they are eligible for a home insulation grant. The Herts and Essex Energy Partnership (HEEP), which includes Hertsmere Borough Council, is offering cavity wall insulation for just �99 to those who quali
RESIDENTS in Potters Bar are being urged to check if they are eligible for a home insulation grant.
The Herts and Essex Energy Partnership (HEEP), which includes Hertsmere Borough Council, is offering cavity wall insulation for just �99 to those who qualify.
Those on benefits may even be able to get the insulation free of charge.
Cllr Jean Heywood, portfolio holder for the environment, said: "There are a number of grants and special offers available to help people.
You may also want to watch:
"It may feel too soon to start thinking about the colder weather but if you act now, it could really make a difference to you this winter."
She added: "Not only can you benefit from being more warm and comfortable in your home, you can also save money on bills and help the environment as well."
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 8 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 9 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Figures suggest cavity insulation could save around �115 per year on heating bills.
For more information about HEEP and the grants on offer, call 0800 512 012, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.energysavingtrust.org.uk