Hertsmere residents could qualify for home insulation grants
RESIDENTS in Potters Bar are being urged to check if they are eligible for a home insulation grant. The Herts and Essex Energy Partnership (HEEP), which includes Hertsmere Borough Council, is offering cavity wall insulation for just �99 to those who quali
RESIDENTS in Potters Bar are being urged to check if they are eligible for a home insulation grant.
The Herts and Essex Energy Partnership (HEEP), which includes Hertsmere Borough Council, is offering cavity wall insulation for just �99 to those who qualify.
Those on benefits may even be able to get the insulation free of charge.
Cllr Jean Heywood, portfolio holder for the environment, said: "There are a number of grants and special offers available to help people.
You may also want to watch:
"It may feel too soon to start thinking about the colder weather but if you act now, it could really make a difference to you this winter."
She added: "Not only can you benefit from being more warm and comfortable in your home, you can also save money on bills and help the environment as well."
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
Figures suggest cavity insulation could save around �115 per year on heating bills.
For more information about HEEP and the grants on offer, call 0800 512 012, email email@example.com or visit www.energysavingtrust.org.uk