Hertsmere residents could qualify for home insulation grants
RESIDENTS in Potters Bar are being urged to check if they are eligible for a home insulation grant. The Herts and Essex Energy Partnership (HEEP), which includes Hertsmere Borough Council, is offering cavity wall insulation for just �99 to those who quali
RESIDENTS in Potters Bar are being urged to check if they are eligible for a home insulation grant.
The Herts and Essex Energy Partnership (HEEP), which includes Hertsmere Borough Council, is offering cavity wall insulation for just �99 to those who qualify.
Those on benefits may even be able to get the insulation free of charge.
Cllr Jean Heywood, portfolio holder for the environment, said: "There are a number of grants and special offers available to help people.
You may also want to watch:
"It may feel too soon to start thinking about the colder weather but if you act now, it could really make a difference to you this winter."
She added: "Not only can you benefit from being more warm and comfortable in your home, you can also save money on bills and help the environment as well."
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 8 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
Figures suggest cavity insulation could save around �115 per year on heating bills.
For more information about HEEP and the grants on offer, call 0800 512 012, email email@example.com or visit www.energysavingtrust.org.uk