Potters Bar’s MP ‘delighted’ after scooping promotion
- Credit: Archant
Potters Bar’s MP Oliver Dowden said he is “delighted” after being promoted during this week’s Cabinet reshuffle.
The Hertsmere representative has been made Parliamentary Secretary at the Cabinet Office and will report to the department’s minister David Lidington MP.
Mr Dowden, who only became Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Defence Secretary last July, will now be being responsible for cross-government policy implementation.
The Tory MP said: “I am delighted to have been appointed as Minister for Implementation at the Cabinet Office.
“It’s an honour to be able to serve Hertsmere and the country by helping to ensure that the government delivers on the things that matter to people.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course I will continue to work as our area’s local MP, representing the people of Hertsmere.”
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 7 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses