Hertsmere Borough Council to host energy event
AN event aimed at helping people cut their energy bills is being hosted by Hertsmere Borough Council tomorrow (Monday). There will be a host of information on how residents can reduce their carbon footprint and lead a more sustainable lifestyle. Environme
AN event aimed at helping people cut their energy bills is being hosted by Hertsmere Borough Council tomorrow (Monday).
There will be a host of information on how residents can reduce their carbon footprint and lead a more sustainable lifestyle.
Environmental experts will also be on hand to answer questions.
Councillor Jean Heywood, environment portfolio holder, said: "Everyone has no doubt heard of climate change but not everyone will know how they can help combat it.
You may also want to watch:
"There are many things we can all do to lower our carbon emissions - from switching to energy efficient light bulbs to insulating our homes - which will reduce our impact on the environment and actually save you money.
The free event will take place at the civic offices in Borehamwood on Monday from 6pm to 9pm.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced