Hertsmere Borough Council scraps planning advice fee
HOMEOWNERS wishing to extend their property during the recession will no longer have to pay a fee for planning advice from the council. In a statement, Hertsmere Borough Council confirmed it had scrapped the �250 charge levied against householders for
HOMEOWNERS wishing to extend their property during the recession will no longer have to pay a fee for planning advice from the council.
In a statement, Hertsmere Borough Council confirmed it had scrapped the �250 charge levied against householders for pre-planning application guidance.
The council has also decided to freeze the fees for larger developments in a bid to kick- start the housing market in Potters Bar and the surrounding area.
Cllr Hannah David, portfolio holder for housing and planning, said: "Because officers can spend hours at a time helping people, historically we have charged homeowners �250 for pre-application advice for extensions to their properties.
You may also want to watch:
"For bigger developments, fees can go up to �1000 for this advice.
"(However) with the country in recession, many people are staying in their own homes rather than moving, so we have decided to scrap the �250 fee for pre-application advice for extensions, while fees for the other bigger developments will stay the same."
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park
For more information call the planning department on 020 8207 2277 or email