Hertfordshire to have more Royal Wedding street parties than anywhere else
ROYAL fans have made Hertfordshire the county with the most applications to hold street parties on the day of Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding.
Hertfordshire outstripped other areas by more than 200 applications and the county has 298 requests to hold parties.
Rob Smith, assistant director of transport management at the County Council, said: “We wanted to make it as easy as possible for residents to apply for a royal wedding street party.
“Going by the large number of applications we’ve received, our straightforward online application form and the decision to waive the normal road closure fee has clearly done the trick!
“It’s fantastic that Hertfordshire’s residents have shown such enthusiasm for this special day and we’re glad we’ve been able to help so many communities come together and celebrate.”
You may also want to watch:
Of the 298 applications Welwyn Hatfield residents submitted 25 and there were 20 from Hertsmere.
- 1 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 2 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 3 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement