Hertfordshire recycling centres open on Good Friday
- Credit: Archant
Hertfordshire household waste recycling centres will be open on Good Friday, it has been announced.
In addition to the normal weekend opening times, Amey, working on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council, will be opening all recycling centres on Good Friday.
Richard Thake, cabinet member for waste, said: “Traditionally Easter is an exceptionally busy period for Hertfordshire recyclers visiting houshold waste recycling centres. We want to support residents by offering Good Friday as an additional day of access to all 17 Hertfordshire sites.
“If you are planning to visit a recycling centre, please do follow the easy tips for a stress-free visit and be respectful to our operators who work hard on weekends and Bank Holidays to provide us with a valuable service which sees 74,262 tonnes of items recycled every year.”
Full details of opening hours and days, and information about alternative centres, can be found at www.hertsdirect.org/wasteaware.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any questions, you can email email@example.com or call 0300 123 4051.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 7 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 8 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Pupils present cheque from Captain Tom 100 Challenge to charity