Hertfordshire pub burglars jailed
TWO cousins, who broke into a series of pubs, including one in Knebworth, have been jailed.
Lee Dowsett, 30, and Jason Dowsett, 41, were sentenced to two and a half years each at Cambridge Crown Court, after pleading guilty to a string of break-ins at pubs in Knebworth, Hertford, Watford, Stevenage and Aldenham.
Lee Dowsett, of Scarborough Avenue, Stevenage, admitted to two charges of burglary and one of going equipped for burglary, and asked for eight further offences to be taken into consideration, including a break-in at The Station Pub in Station Approach, Knebworth on March 24 2010.
Jason Dowsett, 41, of Winfield Mobile Home Park, Watford, pleaded guilty to three similar charges and also asked for seven other offences to be taken into consideration.
A third man, Roy Callaghan, 35, of South Street, Bishop’s Stortford, had earlier pleaded guilty to two charges of burglary and admitted 17 offences to be taken into consideration.
You may also want to watch:
He was given a probation order until May 2012, and was ordered to attend a six-month substance misuse and alcohol treatment programme.
Stevenage Local Crime Unit Detective Inspector Gary Atkinson said: “This was a highly prolific gang of burglars.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
“We started linking these burglaries early on and formed a highly resourced and robust police response called Operation Abrupt. Each offence triggered an intense amount of police activity which was designed to capture all the available evidence at the earliest opportunity.”
“We liaised with licensees across the county via Pubwatch and worked together to bring these offenders to justice.”