Hertfordshire police appeal after �50,000 opticians raid
THIEVES smashed their way into a designer opticians and stole �50,000 worth of eye wear at the weekend.
The burglary happened at around 4am on Saturday, when thieves cut through a metal shutter, smashed a glass door and ransacked the store and eye test room at Brookmans Park Opticians in Bradmore Green.
As well as causing �15,000 worth of damage, the crooks also stole a till and a laptop, as well as Cartier, Lindberg and Chopard sunglasses, worth an estimated �50,000.
The offenders left in what is believed to be a 2008 black Toyota Prius.
Police are appealing for anyone who saw the burglary or has any information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Andy Boyer said: “Have you been offered discounted glasses or sunglasses? Do you know who may be responsible? Or did you see anyone acting suspiciously in the area before or after the burglary?
“We are keen to speak to anyone who may have heard anything unusual during the early hours of Saturday morning.”
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 8 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Brookmans Park Golf Club delighted with all aspects of a great club championship day
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 with any information.