Hertfordshire police appeal after �50,000 opticians raid
THIEVES smashed their way into a designer opticians and stole �50,000 worth of eye wear at the weekend.
The burglary happened at around 4am on Saturday, when thieves cut through a metal shutter, smashed a glass door and ransacked the store and eye test room at Brookmans Park Opticians in Bradmore Green.
As well as causing �15,000 worth of damage, the crooks also stole a till and a laptop, as well as Cartier, Lindberg and Chopard sunglasses, worth an estimated �50,000.
The offenders left in what is believed to be a 2008 black Toyota Prius.
Police are appealing for anyone who saw the burglary or has any information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Andy Boyer said: “Have you been offered discounted glasses or sunglasses? Do you know who may be responsible? Or did you see anyone acting suspiciously in the area before or after the burglary?
“We are keen to speak to anyone who may have heard anything unusual during the early hours of Saturday morning.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 6 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 9 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 with any information.