Hertfordshire NHS Trusts slammed in Government review
THE NHS trust that looks after the QE2 hospital has been slammed in a Government review of health services. East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust was one of 22 hospital trusts categorised as having its performance under review
THE NHS trust that looks after the QE2 hospital has been slammed in a Government review of health services.
East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust was one of 22 hospital trusts categorised as having its "performance under review" in the Department of Health's Performance Framework, published this week.
And the East of England Ambulance Service also came in for criticism, being listed as one of four ambulance trusts in the same category.
Both trusts now have just three months to improve or risk falling into the "underperforming" category.
You may also want to watch:
But despite the results, East and North Hertfordshire NHS chief executive Nick Carver remained update, saying the patient survey that contributed to the review was out-of-date.
"Back in May 2009, the national inpatient survey results for 2008 were published - which even then was information that was nearly a year out of date," he said.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
"We are confident that if the results of the 2009 national inpatient survey were available today, they would show a very real improvement on the position published on our Trust last May."
For more on this story, see this week's edition of the Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out Wednesday.