Hertfordshire health chief dies
THE woman holding the NHS's purse-strings in Welwyn Hatfield has died. Pam Handley, chair of East and North Hertfordshire PCT, died on Saturday following a short illness. Pam had been chair since the establishment of the PCT in October 2006. A sp
THE woman holding the NHS's purse-strings in Welwyn Hatfield has died.
Pam Handley, chair of East and North Hertfordshire PCT, died on Saturday following a short illness.
Pam had been chair since the establishment of the PCT in October 2006.
A spokeswoman for the PCT said: "Pam was a passionate campaigner on behalf of people with mental health problems and learning disabilities.
"A qualified teacher, Pam provided training to voluntary sector organisations in understanding learning disability, anti-discriminatory practice and health and safety issues.
"Pam was also chair of various social enterprises amongst which were ones providing furniture recycling and job training for those who have experienced mental ill-health."
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
Anne Walker, chief executive of East and North Hertfordshire PCT said: "Pam's death is a huge loss to all those organisations she was part of and especially to all those people she worked with.
"She will be much missed by us all and we would like to extend our sincere condolences to her family."
Pam will be remembered at a memorial service at 2pm on July 28 at Watford Town Hall.
For more information call Bob Jones on 01923 254400.