Hertfordshire health chief dies
THE woman holding the NHS's purse-strings in Welwyn Hatfield has died. Pam Handley, chair of East and North Hertfordshire PCT, died on Saturday following a short illness. Pam had been chair since the establishment of the PCT in October 2006. A sp
THE woman holding the NHS's purse-strings in Welwyn Hatfield has died.
Pam Handley, chair of East and North Hertfordshire PCT, died on Saturday following a short illness.
Pam had been chair since the establishment of the PCT in October 2006.
A spokeswoman for the PCT said: "Pam was a passionate campaigner on behalf of people with mental health problems and learning disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
"A qualified teacher, Pam provided training to voluntary sector organisations in understanding learning disability, anti-discriminatory practice and health and safety issues.
"Pam was also chair of various social enterprises amongst which were ones providing furniture recycling and job training for those who have experienced mental ill-health."
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 8 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
- 9 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 10 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
Anne Walker, chief executive of East and North Hertfordshire PCT said: "Pam's death is a huge loss to all those organisations she was part of and especially to all those people she worked with.
"She will be much missed by us all and we would like to extend our sincere condolences to her family."
Pam will be remembered at a memorial service at 2pm on July 28 at Watford Town Hall.
For more information call Bob Jones on 01923 254400.