Hertfordshire couple are in the dog house
HAVING spent much of their lives running a smallholding, husband and wife Bruce and Esther Carley are pretty used to looking after animals.
And looking after dogs, especially, seems to run in the family.
Esther’s father, Terry Trevis, used to train greyhounds at a two-acre facility off Poplars Green, close to WGC, and it’s this same unit that has now reopened as Mimram Kennels for dogs.
As well as offering a collection and delivery service, each canine visitor is provided with a heated kennel with individual run, bed and bedding, with access to two one-acre grass paddocks providing various toys, balls and tunnels to play with.
Any pooch that fancies a paddle can take advantage of the heated indoor swimming pool also on site – where Terry, still very much a part of the new venture, used to exercise his hounds.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, the more outgoing dog can be taken for picturesque off-site walks alongside the nearby Mimram River.
There are also facilities for smaller pets such as rabbits and guinea pigs to stay as well.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 9 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 10 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
“Bruce and I love animals, we’re animal people” said Esther, 32. “We own a smallholding in Tewin with sheep, pigs, geese, chickens, ducks, bees – and dogs of course.
“It [Mimram Kennels] is in a really picturesque spot, there’s no neighbours, and it was an ideal opportunity to open kennels.”
For more details, or to book a viewing, call 01438 715116.