Hertfordshire celebrates 100 years of Girl Guides
RAINBOWS, Brownies and Guides from Hertfordshire played their part in helping the country celebrate 100 years of the Girl Guide movement this weekend. 100 members from Girlguiding Hertfordshire came together at the on Saturday, and
RAINBOWS, Brownies and Guides from Hertfordshire played their part in helping the country celebrate 100 years of the Girl Guide movement this weekend.
Guides from Girlguiding Hertfordshire came together at the on Saturday, and put on a spectacular show at the University of Hertfordshire, in Hatfield.
The show was one of many events held across the country marking the start of Girlguiding UK's centenary celebrations, which coincided with the day in 1909 that a group of girls turned up unannounced at a boy scout rally in London and demanded entry.
Sue Rees, a WGC guide leader, said: "All the girls were fantastic, from the littlest rainbow to the more senior guides, they were all grinning from ear to ear with what was going on and what they were a part of; a celebration taking place across the country.
You may also want to watch:
For more news and pictures from the celebrations, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out Wednesday.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 Student union apologises after controversial ‘Solidarity with Palestine’ post
- 10 Mother speaks out after garden centre breastfeeding dispute 'mishandled at every stage'