Hertfordshire body parts murder: Victim identified
THE victim in the Hertfordshire body parts murder has been identified. Police have this evening (Thursday) confirmed he is Jeffrey Howe, a 49-year-old man from Southgate. His family have issued a statement through the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major
THE victim in the Hertfordshire body parts murder has been identified.
Police have this evening (Thursday) confirmed he is Jeffrey Howe, a 49-year-old man from Southgate, North London.
His family have issued a statement through the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, which has been leading the murder hunt from the Herts police HQ in Stanborough Road, WGC.
His brother said: "Jeffrey was an extremely caring son. He was a jovial, charming character who had a heart of gold and would get on with anyone.
You may also want to watch:
"He could be a little selfish sometimes but did what he thought was best."
Jeffrey, a kitchen salesman, was a lifelong Manchester United fan.
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 7 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 8 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust
He has lived in various locations across the country and also lived in Italy for a time where he worked as worked as a cook.
Jeffrey's brother added: "Although we didn't have a great deal of contact and we hadn't seen each other for a few months, as you can imagine our family has been left extremely traumatised by what has happened.
"We are finding it extremely hard to come to terms with what has happened and we ask to be left alone at this time."
*A 37-year-old man and a 20-year-old woman from Southgate remain in custody after being arrested in connection with Mr Howe's murder.
*A grisly trail of Mr Howe’s severed body parts have been discovered over the past month.
**A torso with an arm attached was found in Gore Lane, Standon, near Ware, on April 11.
**A right leg was dumped next to a lay-by on the A10 in Puckeridge on April 7.
**An arm was found on March 29 in a verge in Drovers Lane in Wheathampstead.
**The victim's head was discovered in a field near Asfordby in Leicestershire on March 31.
**The left leg was discovered next to a lay-by on the A507 just outside Cottered, near Baldock, on March 22.
Police confirmed Mr Howe was killed by a single stab wound to the back.