Hertfordshire body parts murder: Victim identified
THE victim in the Hertfordshire body parts murder has been identified. Police have this evening (Thursday) confirmed he is Jeffrey Howe, a 49-year-old man from Southgate. His family have issued a statement through the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major
THE victim in the Hertfordshire body parts murder has been identified.
Police have this evening (Thursday) confirmed he is Jeffrey Howe, a 49-year-old man from Southgate, North London.
His family have issued a statement through the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, which has been leading the murder hunt from the Herts police HQ in Stanborough Road, WGC.
His brother said: "Jeffrey was an extremely caring son. He was a jovial, charming character who had a heart of gold and would get on with anyone.
You may also want to watch:
"He could be a little selfish sometimes but did what he thought was best."
Jeffrey, a kitchen salesman, was a lifelong Manchester United fan.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
He has lived in various locations across the country and also lived in Italy for a time where he worked as worked as a cook.
Jeffrey's brother added: "Although we didn't have a great deal of contact and we hadn't seen each other for a few months, as you can imagine our family has been left extremely traumatised by what has happened.
"We are finding it extremely hard to come to terms with what has happened and we ask to be left alone at this time."
*A 37-year-old man and a 20-year-old woman from Southgate remain in custody after being arrested in connection with Mr Howe's murder.
*A grisly trail of Mr Howe’s severed body parts have been discovered over the past month.
**A torso with an arm attached was found in Gore Lane, Standon, near Ware, on April 11.
**A right leg was dumped next to a lay-by on the A10 in Puckeridge on April 7.
**An arm was found on March 29 in a verge in Drovers Lane in Wheathampstead.
**The victim's head was discovered in a field near Asfordby in Leicestershire on March 31.
**The left leg was discovered next to a lay-by on the A507 just outside Cottered, near Baldock, on March 22.
Police confirmed Mr Howe was killed by a single stab wound to the back.