Helping hand with HIPs rule changes
Regulations for Home Information Packs (HIPs) change again on April 6. Before a residential property can even be marketed for sale a HIP will need to be compiled. Present arrangements allow for only part of the HIP to be in place that is the Energy
Regulations for Home Information Packs (HIPs) change again on April 6. Before a residential property can even be marketed for sale a HIP will need to be compiled.
Present arrangements allow for only part of the HIP to be in place that is the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), the other component parts only need to have been ordered.
That is about to change. The HIP which needs to be in place will have to comprise; Index, Sales Statement, EPC, evidence of the sellers' title including a plan, local authority and drainage and water searches and a new property information questionnaire.
Crane and Staples Solicitors in WGC is ready for the changes. Its experts are gearing up to give sellers all the advice they need to put the required HIPs in place.
You may also want to watch:
Their aim is to cut the number of transactions that go wrong or are delayed and generally speed up the house selling/buying process.
A company spokesman said: "The first port of call for most sellers has traditionally been the estate agent.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 3 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 Grant Shapps meets travel agency who said industry has been 'messed about' by his rules
- 8 Vehicles moving at 4am at proposed waste site would lead to more noise complaints, say Lib Dems
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
"We would like that to change and suggest you talk to our team before anyone else.
"Why? Our experts can get you acquainted with what is required before your property goes on the market.
"They'll let you know precisely what paperwork will be needed in advance, so if there is something missing there's plenty of time to locate it or resolve an issue before you find a buyer.
"We can arrange the component parts of the HIP for you with the aid of local hand picked energy assessors to deal with the EPC and a local search agency to deal with the required searches.
"We will also work closely with your chosen estate agent."
For more information contact Crane and Staples conveyancing department on 01707 387071 or email email@example.com