Helping hand with HIPs rule changes
Regulations for Home Information Packs (HIPs) change again on April 6. Before a residential property can even be marketed for sale a HIP will need to be compiled. Present arrangements allow for only part of the HIP to be in place that is the Energy
Regulations for Home Information Packs (HIPs) change again on April 6. Before a residential property can even be marketed for sale a HIP will need to be compiled.
Present arrangements allow for only part of the HIP to be in place that is the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), the other component parts only need to have been ordered.
That is about to change. The HIP which needs to be in place will have to comprise; Index, Sales Statement, EPC, evidence of the sellers' title including a plan, local authority and drainage and water searches and a new property information questionnaire.
Crane and Staples Solicitors in WGC is ready for the changes. Its experts are gearing up to give sellers all the advice they need to put the required HIPs in place.
You may also want to watch:
Their aim is to cut the number of transactions that go wrong or are delayed and generally speed up the house selling/buying process.
A company spokesman said: "The first port of call for most sellers has traditionally been the estate agent.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 8 5 films and TV series shot on location at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 9 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
"We would like that to change and suggest you talk to our team before anyone else.
"Why? Our experts can get you acquainted with what is required before your property goes on the market.
"They'll let you know precisely what paperwork will be needed in advance, so if there is something missing there's plenty of time to locate it or resolve an issue before you find a buyer.
"We can arrange the component parts of the HIP for you with the aid of local hand picked energy assessors to deal with the EPC and a local search agency to deal with the required searches.
"We will also work closely with your chosen estate agent."
For more information contact Crane and Staples conveyancing department on 01707 387071 or email email@example.com