Help RSPCA’s sick puppies
THIS cute German Shepherd puppy is one of the three rescued and nursed back to health by RSPCA officers.
Suffering from parvo disease, the trio faced gruelling – and expensive – treatment, running into thousands of pounds.
That is why staff at the Southridge centre in South Mimms planned a charity dance night to help raise donations to cover the cost of the vet’s bill.
But, as reported in the Potters Bar Edition last month, the event was cancelled by council kill-joys as the RSPCA had not applied for a temporary event notice.
Centre manager Anna White said at the time: “We are a charity, we’re not trying to make money for anything other than saving the lives of these three puppies.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s very sad, very jobsworth.”
Despite the snub, the RSPCA issued an appeal to the public to donate cash for the three 15-week-old pups – named Thelma and Louise, and Brad – who had contracted the potentially deadly viral disease.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
A spokesman said: “They were taken out of a house by one of our inspectors.
“The people were just allowing the dogs to breed indiscriminately and there were far too many dogs there,” he added.
All three dogs have now been given a clean bill of health, and two have already been re-homed.
But the RSPCA is on the lookout for anyone who could offer a new home to Louise, the last pup who is left. Call 0300 123 0704 if you can help.
You can also send donations to RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre, Packhorse Lane, Ridge EN6 2LZ. Please mark your envelopes ‘Puppies Appeal’.