Help RSPCA’s sick puppies
THIS cute German Shepherd puppy is one of the three rescued and nursed back to health by RSPCA officers.
Suffering from parvo disease, the trio faced gruelling – and expensive – treatment, running into thousands of pounds.
That is why staff at the Southridge centre in South Mimms planned a charity dance night to help raise donations to cover the cost of the vet’s bill.
But, as reported in the Potters Bar Edition last month, the event was cancelled by council kill-joys as the RSPCA had not applied for a temporary event notice.
Centre manager Anna White said at the time: “We are a charity, we’re not trying to make money for anything other than saving the lives of these three puppies.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s very sad, very jobsworth.”
Despite the snub, the RSPCA issued an appeal to the public to donate cash for the three 15-week-old pups – named Thelma and Louise, and Brad – who had contracted the potentially deadly viral disease.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
A spokesman said: “They were taken out of a house by one of our inspectors.
“The people were just allowing the dogs to breed indiscriminately and there were far too many dogs there,” he added.
All three dogs have now been given a clean bill of health, and two have already been re-homed.
But the RSPCA is on the lookout for anyone who could offer a new home to Louise, the last pup who is left. Call 0300 123 0704 if you can help.
You can also send donations to RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre, Packhorse Lane, Ridge EN6 2LZ. Please mark your envelopes ‘Puppies Appeal’.