Help RSPCA find Sugarplum a new home
AFTER his beloved owner died, Sugarplum had to be re-homed to RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre in South Mimms. For four years he had been a loyal, devoted and well looked after dog, the apple of his master s eye , but when disaster struck no one could take
AFTER his beloved owner died, Sugarplum had to be re-homed to RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre in South Mimms.
For four years he had been a loyal, devoted and well looked after dog, "the apple of his master's eye", but when disaster struck no one could take on the friendly pet.
A spokesman for the Packhorse Lane animal care home told the Welwyn & Hatfield Times: "He looks big and mean on the outside, but on the inside Sugarplum is a real softie who just adores everyone and everything.
"We can understand why he got his name"
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: "Sugarplum is a wonderful dog.
"Housetrained, travels well, a delight to walk and is good with other dogs".
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 What time will the election results come in?
- 5 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
Sugarplum has not lived with children so a family with youngsters over 12 or an adult home is best for him.
If you can give him a new start in life call RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre on 0300 123 0704.
Alternatively you can visit Sugarplum at the care home open every day, except Wednesdays, from 11am until 4.15pm.
It is now open until 7.30pm on Thursdays throughout the summer.