Help RSPCA find Parsley a home
UNDERWEIGHT, dirty, tail stripped of flesh right down to the bone leaving her unable to walk – Parsley the cat has had a despicable start in life.
But now, the young feline, found lying injured in a garden, is in the safe hands of staff at RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre in South Mimms.
After hospital treatment, Parsley is now well enough to be rehomed to a new loving family.
A spokeswoman for the Packhorse Lane centre told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “What we saw [when Parsley was first taken to the animal centre] made us feel sick.
“Parsley was underweight and filthy, her once snow white coat was covered in flea dirt and bald patches.
You may also want to watch:
“Her feet were hugely swollen and inflamed with large pieces of skin and scabs sloughing away from them.
“We rushed her down to the vet, where she was hospitalised and treated.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
The spokeswoman added: “We have watched her literally blossom into the beautiful cat that she is today.
“She is a very shy girl, who has suffered terribly, looking for someone who will give her the care and attention that she so desperately craves.”
If you can offer Parsley a home call the centre on 0300 123 0704.
Alternatively you can visit her at the care home, open every day, except Wednesdays, from 11am until 4.15pm.
* DON’T forget RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre’s Sponsor a Christmas Dinner and Treat Appeal is still on.
For just �2.50 you can give the 420 animals in care at the South Mimms centre a luxurious festive dinner.
To make a donation, call the Packhorse Lane centre on 0300 123 0704.