Help RSPCA find Parsley a home
UNDERWEIGHT, dirty, tail stripped of flesh right down to the bone leaving her unable to walk – Parsley the cat has had a despicable start in life.
But now, the young feline, found lying injured in a garden, is in the safe hands of staff at RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre in South Mimms.
After hospital treatment, Parsley is now well enough to be rehomed to a new loving family.
A spokeswoman for the Packhorse Lane centre told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “What we saw [when Parsley was first taken to the animal centre] made us feel sick.
“Parsley was underweight and filthy, her once snow white coat was covered in flea dirt and bald patches.
You may also want to watch:
“Her feet were hugely swollen and inflamed with large pieces of skin and scabs sloughing away from them.
“We rushed her down to the vet, where she was hospitalised and treated.”
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 7 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 8 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust
The spokeswoman added: “We have watched her literally blossom into the beautiful cat that she is today.
“She is a very shy girl, who has suffered terribly, looking for someone who will give her the care and attention that she so desperately craves.”
If you can offer Parsley a home call the centre on 0300 123 0704.
Alternatively you can visit her at the care home, open every day, except Wednesdays, from 11am until 4.15pm.
* DON’T forget RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre’s Sponsor a Christmas Dinner and Treat Appeal is still on.
For just �2.50 you can give the 420 animals in care at the South Mimms centre a luxurious festive dinner.
To make a donation, call the Packhorse Lane centre on 0300 123 0704.