Help For Heroes charity night in Hatfield
A MILITARY-THEMED charity evening is being held in Hatfield this evening (Wednesday) in aid of wounded British soldiers returning from war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The event will be held at Lisa’s Bar, in Market Place, Hatfield from 7.30pm tonight in aid of Help for Heroes.
Guests are encouraged to attend in forces uniform, but organiser Richard Rust, himself an ex-serviceman, said there’s no need to hire an expensive costume.
“You only need a green pair of trousers and a t-shirt and you’re a soldier!” he said.
A raffle will also be held, and 10 per cent of the bar takings will be given to Help for Heroes.
You may also want to watch:
Entry costs �3. Over 18s only.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn