Helicopter sent to South Mimms abduction false alarm
FEARS that a young girl was being abducted in South Mimms proved unfounded this afternoon (Wednesday).
Police were called and a helicopter scrambled shortly after 2pm, after a girl was reported to have been dragged off into a field.
But it turned out that it was simply a man walking with his daughter.
Hertfordshire Police were unable to specify where the incident took place, aside from saying it was at a field in South Mimms, near to junction 23 of the M25.
The police helicopter was also seen hovering over Mutton Lane, Potters Bar, at around 2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “We had reports of a suspicious incident where a man was seen dragging a girl into a field, but it was just a man walking with his daughter.
“The helicopter was called but it was already up and had previously been to a job in Bedfordshire.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM