Helicopter sent to South Mimms abduction false alarm
FEARS that a young girl was being abducted in South Mimms proved unfounded this afternoon (Wednesday).
Police were called and a helicopter scrambled shortly after 2pm, after a girl was reported to have been dragged off into a field.
But it turned out that it was simply a man walking with his daughter.
Hertfordshire Police were unable to specify where the incident took place, aside from saying it was at a field in South Mimms, near to junction 23 of the M25.
The police helicopter was also seen hovering over Mutton Lane, Potters Bar, at around 2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “We had reports of a suspicious incident where a man was seen dragging a girl into a field, but it was just a man walking with his daughter.
“The helicopter was called but it was already up and had previously been to a job in Bedfordshire.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images