Hearing for Potters Bar gambling centre proposals
A HEARING will be held to decide the fate of a proposed Potters Bar gambling arcade – after a record number of complaints from residents. Hertsmere Borough Council's licensing sub-committee will convene on March 6. The meeting will hear representations
A HEARING will be held to decide the fate of a proposed Potters Bar gambling arcade - after a record number of complaints from residents.
Hertsmere Borough Council's licensing sub-committee will convene on March 6.
The meeting will hear representations from both the public and the applicant Ablethird, which plans to convert a disused building society on Darkes Lane into an adult gaming centre.
Since Ablethird applied for a gambling licence, more than 500 people have written to the council's environmental health and licensing department with their objections to the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
A council spokesman said it was the most objections ever received for a licensing application.
Borough councillor Peter Knell said he had spoken to many residents, and all of them opposed the project.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
"The people of Potters Bar have made their feelings clear to me," he said.
"They have spoken, and they have given the gambling centre the thumbs down."
The hearing will take place at the council offices in Borehamwood at 10am.