COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- Credit: PA
While coronavirus cases have began falling in Welwyn Hatfield, the borough now has the highest number of cases per 100,000 in Hertfordshire.
For the week of January 8 to 14 Welwyn Hatfield had 722 cases per 100,000 people, down from the week before.
The next closest in the county is Broxbourne at 717.5 per 100,000.
Cases are falling everywhere in Hertfordshire, and Welwyn Hatfield had 888 cases between January 8 and 14, 187 fewer than the week of January 1 to 7.
On January 14 Hertsmere's cases per 100,000 was 669, significantly down from 918 cases per 100k.
There were 702 coronavirus cases in Hertsmere between January 8 and 14, more than two hundred fewer than the 963 for the previous week.
There have sadly been 240 coronavirus-related deaths registered to Jan 8 2021 in Hertsmere and 144 in Welwyn Hatfield.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 3 Buyers can now reserve an apartment in Hatfield Rise
- 4 Work begins on Welwyn Garden City’s new-look Anniversary Gardens
- 5 Cash stolen from elderly man using bank ATM
- 6 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 7 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 10 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure