COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- Credit: PA
While coronavirus cases have began falling in Welwyn Hatfield, the borough now has the highest number of cases per 100,000 in Hertfordshire.
For the week of January 8 to 14 Welwyn Hatfield had 722 cases per 100,000 people, down from the week before.
The next closest in the county is Broxbourne at 717.5 per 100,000.
Cases are falling everywhere in Hertfordshire, and Welwyn Hatfield had 888 cases between January 8 and 14, 187 fewer than the week of January 1 to 7.
On January 14 Hertsmere's cases per 100,000 was 669, significantly down from 918 cases per 100k.
You may also want to watch:
There were 702 coronavirus cases in Hertsmere between January 8 and 14, more than two hundred fewer than the 963 for the previous week.
There have sadly been 240 coronavirus-related deaths registered to Jan 8 2021 in Hertsmere and 144 in Welwyn Hatfield.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 9 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 10 Have you seen this highly sentimental stolen jewellery?