Coronavirus cases continue to fall in Welwyn Hatfield but remain above average levels
- Credit: PA
Coronavirus cases have been falling in Welwyn Hatfield since the start of the year, but the number of cases remain relatively higher than the average area in England.
There were 159 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week, February 7 to 13, while the average area in England had 121.
There were 196 cases reported in the same week - 104 fewer than the previous week.
In total up to February 17 there have been 7,745 cases in Welwyn Hatfield and 238 coronavirus-related deaths registered to Feb 5.
Hertsmere's figures have also followed the same trend but at a slightly lower level with 112 cases per 100,000 for February 7 to 13.
You may also want to watch:
The area had less than half the number of cases than the previous week with 118, a reduction of 123.
Hertsmere's total number of cases is still above Welwyn Hatfield's at 7,897 and there have been 307 coronavirus-related deaths.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
So far 13,395,338 people in England have had the first dose of the vaccine to February 16.