Coronavirus cases continue to fall in Welwyn Hatfield but remain above average levels
- Credit: PA
Coronavirus cases have been falling in Welwyn Hatfield since the start of the year, but the number of cases remain relatively higher than the average area in England.
There were 159 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week, February 7 to 13, while the average area in England had 121.
There were 196 cases reported in the same week - 104 fewer than the previous week.
In total up to February 17 there have been 7,745 cases in Welwyn Hatfield and 238 coronavirus-related deaths registered to Feb 5.
Hertsmere's figures have also followed the same trend but at a slightly lower level with 112 cases per 100,000 for February 7 to 13.
You may also want to watch:
The area had less than half the number of cases than the previous week with 118, a reduction of 123.
Hertsmere's total number of cases is still above Welwyn Hatfield's at 7,897 and there have been 307 coronavirus-related deaths.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 3 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
So far 13,395,338 people in England have had the first dose of the vaccine to February 16.