COVID-19: Nearly 1,000 cases recorded in Welwyn Hatfield in final week of 2020
- Credit: Asurobson /Getty Images/iStockphoto
Welwyn Hatfield recorded 923 coronavirus cases in the final week of 2020, peaking with 215 cases on December 29 alone.
This was an increase of 276 cases on the previous week.
Throughout the month of December, there were 2,112 new coronavirus cases reported in Welwyn Hatfield, more than doubling the total cases in the district since March - which stood at 3,993 at the end of the year.
Sadly 11 people died in December in Welwyn Hatfield within 28 days of positive test.
For the week of December 25 to 31 Welwyn Hatfield had 750 cases per 100,000 people, while the average area in England had 453.
You may also want to watch:
Hertsmere had 995 cases per 100,000 people over the same time period.
Hertsmere recorded 1,044 new cases between December 25 to 31, an increase of 60 compared with the previous week.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
The borough had 18 deaths within 28 days of positive test by date of death in December, with 2,944 coronavirus cases over the month.