COVID-19: Nearly 1,000 cases recorded in Welwyn Hatfield in final week of 2020
- Credit: Asurobson /Getty Images/iStockphoto
Welwyn Hatfield recorded 923 coronavirus cases in the final week of 2020, peaking with 215 cases on December 29 alone.
This was an increase of 276 cases on the previous week.
Throughout the month of December, there were 2,112 new coronavirus cases reported in Welwyn Hatfield, more than doubling the total cases in the district since March - which stood at 3,993 at the end of the year.
Sadly 11 people died in December in Welwyn Hatfield within 28 days of positive test.
For the week of December 25 to 31 Welwyn Hatfield had 750 cases per 100,000 people, while the average area in England had 453.
You may also want to watch:
Hertsmere had 995 cases per 100,000 people over the same time period.
Hertsmere recorded 1,044 new cases between December 25 to 31, an increase of 60 compared with the previous week.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 8 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
The borough had 18 deaths within 28 days of positive test by date of death in December, with 2,944 coronavirus cases over the month.