Coronavirus: More than 100 deaths recorded in Welwyn Hatfield in January
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The were 112 people who died within 28 days of their first positive coronavirus test in January in Welwyn Hatfield.
The highest number of recorded deaths on any day before January was three, and in January there were 21 days where three or more people died.
In a 10-day period between January 12 and 21, 52 people died, with eight people dying in a single day on January 13 and 16.
Earlier this month a funeral director spoke to this paper about how they would normally have two funerals a day, but are now doing four to five a day.
COVID-19 cases are still continuing to fall, Welwyn Hatfield had 244 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week January 31 to February 6, while the average area in England had 179.
For the same week there were 300 cases recorded, 156 fewer than the previous week.
You may also want to watch:
The total number of cases reported in Welwyn Hatfield is now at 7,565.
For more data visit: coronavirus.data.gov.uk.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 4 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics