Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- Credit: Archant
A mass vaccination centre in Stevenage is one of seven in the UK which is set to open next week, Sky News has reported.
The news follows the start of the roll-out of the Oxford/Astrazeneca and Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines after they were approved by the regulator.
The Robertson House Conference Centre, in Gunnels Wood Road in the town, has been touted as the destination for the mass vaccination centre.
It is expected that thousands of people will be able to be vaccinated at each centre across the country on a daily basis.
The NHS in Hertfordshire has also issued an urgent call for nurses, pharmacists, doctors and other medically-trained professionals to support the COVID-19 vaccination campaign.
Sarah Browne, director of nursing and quality at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust, said: “We have a range of paid roles offered on a flexible basis, including outside of usual working hours to fit with other responsibilities.
"By coming forward, you will be part of a team helping to deliver the largest and most important vaccination programme in the history of the NHS – and will help to ensure that the health service can continue to support everyone who needs it."
To find out more about the types of roles available, information is also available on the NHS England website here.
- 1 Hertsmere MP Oliver Dowden appointed Tory co-chairman but loses secretary role
- 2 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 18 Insulate Britain protesters arrested at M25 and A1 demonstrations
- 7 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 8 Historic Green Belt site under threat
- 9 M25 by South Mimms blocked by climate protesters
- 10 Boy hit by car during Hatfield altercation