Healthy turnout for town fun day in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Families gathered to learn about healthy eating at Hatfield HealthFest.
The event, held in White Lion Square on Saturday, September 24, featured sports tasters for all ages, interactive stalls, and an opportunity to meet Freddie the Fit Fox.
There was also live music, dancing, face-painting and tips on how to live a healthy lifestyle.
The festival was organised by Welwyn Hatfield Community Housing Trust, in partnership with the council.
Councillor Fiona Thomson, lead member for health, said: “The HealthFest in Hatfield was a wonderful, community-spirited event with absolutely all sorts on offer, including healthy eating, dancing and singing; information stands, health checks and sports.
“It was clear, attending the event, how crucial physical activity and a balanced diet are towards being happy and healthy. I was also really pleased to be joined on the day by our youth councillors, Deputy Mayor Lynne Sparks and our Public Health & Protection team, who ran games, quizzes and handed out prizes.”
Council officers also promoted the national campaign ‘This Girl Can’, which supports active women up and down the country, and starts on Monday, October 3.
- 1 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 2 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 9 Fire at University of Hertfordshire destroys kitchen
- 10 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City