Healthy turnout for town fun day in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Families gathered to learn about healthy eating at Hatfield HealthFest.
The event, held in White Lion Square on Saturday, September 24, featured sports tasters for all ages, interactive stalls, and an opportunity to meet Freddie the Fit Fox.
There was also live music, dancing, face-painting and tips on how to live a healthy lifestyle.
The festival was organised by Welwyn Hatfield Community Housing Trust, in partnership with the council.
Councillor Fiona Thomson, lead member for health, said: “The HealthFest in Hatfield was a wonderful, community-spirited event with absolutely all sorts on offer, including healthy eating, dancing and singing; information stands, health checks and sports.
You may also want to watch:
“It was clear, attending the event, how crucial physical activity and a balanced diet are towards being happy and healthy. I was also really pleased to be joined on the day by our youth councillors, Deputy Mayor Lynne Sparks and our Public Health & Protection team, who ran games, quizzes and handed out prizes.”
Council officers also promoted the national campaign ‘This Girl Can’, which supports active women up and down the country, and starts on Monday, October 3.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone