Healthy living scheme a huge success in Hertsmere
TWO-THIRDS of Hertsmere residents who signed up to a healthy lifestyle management programme have lost weight.
And the free-of-charge programme’s success has seen nearly three times the original uptake race to join a waiting list to try and reap the rewards.
The Health4Life scheme was launched by Hertsmere Leisure in November last year, with classes running in Potters Bar, Borehamwood and Bushey.
Funded by a grant from Hertsmere Together, the 12-week ‘lifestyle intervention’ programme introduced participants to a number of practices to improve their overall health and well-being.
These included increased physical activity, healthy diet, stress management, working habits and smoking cessation.
You may also want to watch:
People also took part in one-to-one sessions with a lifestyle consultant, and were given one month’s free membership at a Beaumonts Health Club, one of which is at the Furzefield Centre in Mutton Lane, Potters Bar.
Of the 56 who took part, a total of 65 per cent saw improved weight loss.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 May 6 local elections: Meet your candidates for Welwyn East
Now more than 150 people are on a waiting list to take part in new courses, which are scheduled to take place in May next year.
Tom Smith, who runs the courses, said: “We have seen amazing results in Hertsmere with a fantastic 65 per cent of people seeing improved weight loss.
“With a huge waiting list, this has certainly been a very popular programme and is directly helping the people of Potters Bar, Borehamwood, and Bushey change their lifestyle and become fitter and healthier.”
* For more information on the Health4Life programme contact Sharon West on 07917 708674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org