Healthy living scheme a huge success in Hertsmere
TWO-THIRDS of Hertsmere residents who signed up to a healthy lifestyle management programme have lost weight.
And the free-of-charge programme’s success has seen nearly three times the original uptake race to join a waiting list to try and reap the rewards.
The Health4Life scheme was launched by Hertsmere Leisure in November last year, with classes running in Potters Bar, Borehamwood and Bushey.
Funded by a grant from Hertsmere Together, the 12-week ‘lifestyle intervention’ programme introduced participants to a number of practices to improve their overall health and well-being.
These included increased physical activity, healthy diet, stress management, working habits and smoking cessation.
You may also want to watch:
People also took part in one-to-one sessions with a lifestyle consultant, and were given one month’s free membership at a Beaumonts Health Club, one of which is at the Furzefield Centre in Mutton Lane, Potters Bar.
Of the 56 who took part, a total of 65 per cent saw improved weight loss.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 7 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 10 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
Now more than 150 people are on a waiting list to take part in new courses, which are scheduled to take place in May next year.
Tom Smith, who runs the courses, said: “We have seen amazing results in Hertsmere with a fantastic 65 per cent of people seeing improved weight loss.
“With a huge waiting list, this has certainly been a very popular programme and is directly helping the people of Potters Bar, Borehamwood, and Bushey change their lifestyle and become fitter and healthier.”
* For more information on the Health4Life programme contact Sharon West on 07917 708674 or email email@example.com