Healthy living scheme a huge success in Hertsmere
TWO-THIRDS of Hertsmere residents who signed up to a healthy lifestyle management programme have lost weight.
And the free-of-charge programme’s success has seen nearly three times the original uptake race to join a waiting list to try and reap the rewards.
The Health4Life scheme was launched by Hertsmere Leisure in November last year, with classes running in Potters Bar, Borehamwood and Bushey.
Funded by a grant from Hertsmere Together, the 12-week ‘lifestyle intervention’ programme introduced participants to a number of practices to improve their overall health and well-being.
These included increased physical activity, healthy diet, stress management, working habits and smoking cessation.
You may also want to watch:
People also took part in one-to-one sessions with a lifestyle consultant, and were given one month’s free membership at a Beaumonts Health Club, one of which is at the Furzefield Centre in Mutton Lane, Potters Bar.
Of the 56 who took part, a total of 65 per cent saw improved weight loss.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
Now more than 150 people are on a waiting list to take part in new courses, which are scheduled to take place in May next year.
Tom Smith, who runs the courses, said: “We have seen amazing results in Hertsmere with a fantastic 65 per cent of people seeing improved weight loss.
“With a huge waiting list, this has certainly been a very popular programme and is directly helping the people of Potters Bar, Borehamwood, and Bushey change their lifestyle and become fitter and healthier.”
* For more information on the Health4Life programme contact Sharon West on 07917 708674 or email email@example.com