Popular health awareness event set to return to Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Residents are being encouraged to attend a free health awareness event in Welwyn Garden City this month.
HealthFest – funded by the borough council and local Clinical Commissioning Group – will return between 11am and 3pm on Saturday, June 16.
It is designed to raise awareness of different factors influencing health and wellbeing, and will involve sports and games, live music, dancing and stalls.
Councillor Fiona Thomson said: “HealthFest is all about helping people to understand simple ways that they can be a bit healthier and more active.
There will be a variety of fun activities so it’s a really great chance for the whole family to try something new.
You may also want to watch:
“Local health organisations will be on hand to offer advice on topics such as healthy eating, mindfulness, and tips on different exercises.”
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 3 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital