Popular health awareness event set to return to Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Residents are being encouraged to attend a free health awareness event in Welwyn Garden City this month.
HealthFest – funded by the borough council and local Clinical Commissioning Group – will return between 11am and 3pm on Saturday, June 16.
It is designed to raise awareness of different factors influencing health and wellbeing, and will involve sports and games, live music, dancing and stalls.
Councillor Fiona Thomson said: “HealthFest is all about helping people to understand simple ways that they can be a bit healthier and more active.
There will be a variety of fun activities so it’s a really great chance for the whole family to try something new.
You may also want to watch:
“Local health organisations will be on hand to offer advice on topics such as healthy eating, mindfulness, and tips on different exercises.”
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 7 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Former healthcare worker nominated for role model award due to rare illness awareness campaign
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield