Popular health awareness event set to return to Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Residents are being encouraged to attend a free health awareness event in Welwyn Garden City this month.
HealthFest – funded by the borough council and local Clinical Commissioning Group – will return between 11am and 3pm on Saturday, June 16.
It is designed to raise awareness of different factors influencing health and wellbeing, and will involve sports and games, live music, dancing and stalls.
Councillor Fiona Thomson said: “HealthFest is all about helping people to understand simple ways that they can be a bit healthier and more active.
There will be a variety of fun activities so it’s a really great chance for the whole family to try something new.
You may also want to watch:
“Local health organisations will be on hand to offer advice on topics such as healthy eating, mindfulness, and tips on different exercises.”
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 8 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas