Health transport services reach ‘staggering’ milestone
TWO vital transport services that assist people in getting to health appointments have both passed a major milestone.
Launched in 2005, Hertfordshire Travellink provides transport information and makes bookings for patients using the county’s health services.
The Lister Shuttle is a bus service that provides a door-to-door link between the Stevenage hospital and the QE2 in WGC, as well as patients’ homes.
Both services have just taken their 100,000th booking.
County councillor Stuart Pile said: “By joining up with our partners at the health trusts, we are able to provide these vital services for residents who aren’t in a position to drive themselves to health appointments.
You may also want to watch:
“Both Travellink and the health shuttles have helped a staggering number of people.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 5 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued