Health transport services reach ‘staggering’ milestone
TWO vital transport services that assist people in getting to health appointments have both passed a major milestone.
Launched in 2005, Hertfordshire Travellink provides transport information and makes bookings for patients using the county’s health services.
The Lister Shuttle is a bus service that provides a door-to-door link between the Stevenage hospital and the QE2 in WGC, as well as patients’ homes.
Both services have just taken their 100,000th booking.
County councillor Stuart Pile said: “By joining up with our partners at the health trusts, we are able to provide these vital services for residents who aren’t in a position to drive themselves to health appointments.
You may also want to watch:
“Both Travellink and the health shuttles have helped a staggering number of people.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses