Health transport services reach ‘staggering’ milestone
TWO vital transport services that assist people in getting to health appointments have both passed a major milestone.
Launched in 2005, Hertfordshire Travellink provides transport information and makes bookings for patients using the county’s health services.
The Lister Shuttle is a bus service that provides a door-to-door link between the Stevenage hospital and the QE2 in WGC, as well as patients’ homes.
Both services have just taken their 100,000th booking.
County councillor Stuart Pile said: “By joining up with our partners at the health trusts, we are able to provide these vital services for residents who aren’t in a position to drive themselves to health appointments.
You may also want to watch:
“Both Travellink and the health shuttles have helped a staggering number of people.”
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield