Health transport services reach ‘staggering’ milestone
TWO vital transport services that assist people in getting to health appointments have both passed a major milestone.
Launched in 2005, Hertfordshire Travellink provides transport information and makes bookings for patients using the county’s health services.
The Lister Shuttle is a bus service that provides a door-to-door link between the Stevenage hospital and the QE2 in WGC, as well as patients’ homes.
Both services have just taken their 100,000th booking.
County councillor Stuart Pile said: “By joining up with our partners at the health trusts, we are able to provide these vital services for residents who aren’t in a position to drive themselves to health appointments.
“Both Travellink and the health shuttles have helped a staggering number of people.”
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 4 Council fights for lower housing targets in Local Plan
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 7 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 10 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby