Health transport services reach ‘staggering’ milestone
TWO vital transport services that assist people in getting to health appointments have both passed a major milestone.
Launched in 2005, Hertfordshire Travellink provides transport information and makes bookings for patients using the county’s health services.
The Lister Shuttle is a bus service that provides a door-to-door link between the Stevenage hospital and the QE2 in WGC, as well as patients’ homes.
Both services have just taken their 100,000th booking.
County councillor Stuart Pile said: “By joining up with our partners at the health trusts, we are able to provide these vital services for residents who aren’t in a position to drive themselves to health appointments.
You may also want to watch:
“Both Travellink and the health shuttles have helped a staggering number of people.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town