Health MOT in Welwyn Garden City goes down a treat
- Credit: Archant
Residents enjoyed an action-packed day at a Welwyn Garden City-based health care event.
The ‘Health MOT’ was held in Peartree Pomegranate Cafe, Woodhall Lane, and the local church hall, which hosted Zumba sessions and martial arts displays.
Visitors were also able to use a Boditrax machine, which measured body composition, muscle percentage and hydration levels.
It was organised by the Welwyn Garden City Children’s Centre Group, in partnership with numerous local organisations.
Jane Jackson, early learning coordinator, said: “Welwyn Garden City Children’s Centre Group was really pleased to work alongside so many local partners to deliver this event.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a great opportunity to share some important healthy lifestyle messages with our families and their young children.”
Former borough councillor Michal Siewniak added: “I am delighted that we were able to run this event.
- 1 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 2 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 3 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 4 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
“All attendees had a chance to have a cup of tea, network and talk to various health providers.
“It was lovely, informal, interactive, very informative and at the same time – great, powerful and noisy.”