Health MOT in Welwyn Garden City goes down a treat
- Credit: Archant
Residents enjoyed an action-packed day at a Welwyn Garden City-based health care event.
The ‘Health MOT’ was held in Peartree Pomegranate Cafe, Woodhall Lane, and the local church hall, which hosted Zumba sessions and martial arts displays.
Visitors were also able to use a Boditrax machine, which measured body composition, muscle percentage and hydration levels.
It was organised by the Welwyn Garden City Children’s Centre Group, in partnership with numerous local organisations.
Jane Jackson, early learning coordinator, said: “Welwyn Garden City Children’s Centre Group was really pleased to work alongside so many local partners to deliver this event.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a great opportunity to share some important healthy lifestyle messages with our families and their young children.”
Former borough councillor Michal Siewniak added: “I am delighted that we were able to run this event.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
“All attendees had a chance to have a cup of tea, network and talk to various health providers.
“It was lovely, informal, interactive, very informative and at the same time – great, powerful and noisy.”