Health MOT in Welwyn Garden City goes down a treat
- Credit: Archant
Residents enjoyed an action-packed day at a Welwyn Garden City-based health care event.
The ‘Health MOT’ was held in Peartree Pomegranate Cafe, Woodhall Lane, and the local church hall, which hosted Zumba sessions and martial arts displays.
Visitors were also able to use a Boditrax machine, which measured body composition, muscle percentage and hydration levels.
It was organised by the Welwyn Garden City Children’s Centre Group, in partnership with numerous local organisations.
Jane Jackson, early learning coordinator, said: “Welwyn Garden City Children’s Centre Group was really pleased to work alongside so many local partners to deliver this event.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a great opportunity to share some important healthy lifestyle messages with our families and their young children.”
Former borough councillor Michal Siewniak added: “I am delighted that we were able to run this event.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
“All attendees had a chance to have a cup of tea, network and talk to various health providers.
“It was lovely, informal, interactive, very informative and at the same time – great, powerful and noisy.”