'Health Check' for Hertfordshire NHS services
THE NHS trust that serves Welwyn Hatfield is in fair health, according to a new report published today (Thursday). The Annual Health Check – a performance report of NHS trusts across the country by the Care Quality Commission – has given NHS East and No
THE NHS trust that serves Welwyn Hatfield is in fair health, according to a new report published today (Thursday).
The "Annual Health Check" - a performance report of NHS trusts across the country by the Care Quality Commission - has given NHS East and North Hertfordshire a "fair" rating for the second year in a row.
The report found that the trust had improved its waiting times for patients, and had achieved a number of public health targets, including the number of women screened for breast cancer and effective treatment for drug users.
But the Commission found the trust needs to improve in areas such as providing access to primary care and discharging patients after their treatment has finished.
You may also want to watch:
Anne Walker, chief executive of NHS East and North Hertfordshire said: "Better health, improving patient experience and using money wisely is central to what we do and the annual health check is a helpful indicator of how well we are doing.
"The health check has also highlighted areas for improvement, all of which we are aware of and have plans in place to do better next year.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 5 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued