'Health Check' for Hertfordshire NHS services
THE NHS trust that serves Welwyn Hatfield is in fair health, according to a new report published today (Thursday). The Annual Health Check – a performance report of NHS trusts across the country by the Care Quality Commission – has given NHS East and No
THE NHS trust that serves Welwyn Hatfield is in fair health, according to a new report published today (Thursday).
The "Annual Health Check" - a performance report of NHS trusts across the country by the Care Quality Commission - has given NHS East and North Hertfordshire a "fair" rating for the second year in a row.
The report found that the trust had improved its waiting times for patients, and had achieved a number of public health targets, including the number of women screened for breast cancer and effective treatment for drug users.
But the Commission found the trust needs to improve in areas such as providing access to primary care and discharging patients after their treatment has finished.
Anne Walker, chief executive of NHS East and North Hertfordshire said: "Better health, improving patient experience and using money wisely is central to what we do and the annual health check is a helpful indicator of how well we are doing.
"The health check has also highlighted areas for improvement, all of which we are aware of and have plans in place to do better next year.
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 8 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers