Health awareness event set for Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield residents will be treated to a free ‘health MOT’ event to increase general well-being.
Advice/support on health issues will be provided, and there will also be a Boditrax machine, which can measure body mass index (BMI), fat and muscle percentage, and hydration levels.
Ex-councillor Michal Siewniak, who is involved in the organisation, said: “The ‘health MOT’ event has been initiated by the Welwyn Garden City Children’s Centre Group and will be supported by many local organisations.
“I believe that the lasted initiative will help us to engage with the families in our area, promoting the importance of the ‘healthy living’ message.
“I am convinced that this project will also help you to interact with many individuals and cascade the information about local services to a wide range of groups and communities.”
The event will be held at the Pomegranate Cafe, in Welwyn Garden City, between 10am and 3pm, on October 26.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 10 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City