Health awareness event set for Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield residents will be treated to a free ‘health MOT’ event to increase general well-being.
Advice/support on health issues will be provided, and there will also be a Boditrax machine, which can measure body mass index (BMI), fat and muscle percentage, and hydration levels.
Ex-councillor Michal Siewniak, who is involved in the organisation, said: “The ‘health MOT’ event has been initiated by the Welwyn Garden City Children’s Centre Group and will be supported by many local organisations.
“I believe that the lasted initiative will help us to engage with the families in our area, promoting the importance of the ‘healthy living’ message.
“I am convinced that this project will also help you to interact with many individuals and cascade the information about local services to a wide range of groups and communities.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will be held at the Pomegranate Cafe, in Welwyn Garden City, between 10am and 3pm, on October 26.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes