Health awareness event set for Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield residents will be treated to a free ‘health MOT’ event to increase general well-being.
Advice/support on health issues will be provided, and there will also be a Boditrax machine, which can measure body mass index (BMI), fat and muscle percentage, and hydration levels.
Ex-councillor Michal Siewniak, who is involved in the organisation, said: “The ‘health MOT’ event has been initiated by the Welwyn Garden City Children’s Centre Group and will be supported by many local organisations.
“I believe that the lasted initiative will help us to engage with the families in our area, promoting the importance of the ‘healthy living’ message.
“I am convinced that this project will also help you to interact with many individuals and cascade the information about local services to a wide range of groups and communities.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will be held at the Pomegranate Cafe, in Welwyn Garden City, between 10am and 3pm, on October 26.
- 1 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled