Health awareness event set for Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield residents will be treated to a free ‘health MOT’ event to increase general well-being.
Advice/support on health issues will be provided, and there will also be a Boditrax machine, which can measure body mass index (BMI), fat and muscle percentage, and hydration levels.
Ex-councillor Michal Siewniak, who is involved in the organisation, said: “The ‘health MOT’ event has been initiated by the Welwyn Garden City Children’s Centre Group and will be supported by many local organisations.
“I believe that the lasted initiative will help us to engage with the families in our area, promoting the importance of the ‘healthy living’ message.
“I am convinced that this project will also help you to interact with many individuals and cascade the information about local services to a wide range of groups and communities.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will be held at the Pomegranate Cafe, in Welwyn Garden City, between 10am and 3pm, on October 26.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 New car park proposed for park