Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- Credit: Amy Jefferies
A Hatfield mum-of-four, Amy Jefferies, was fed up with feeling like she couldn't be the mum she wanted to be after tipping the scales at the top end of 18 stone.
Amy said: "I was unhappy and overweight, I was in pain daily and what hurt the most was I couldn't play on the floor with my youngest child.
"During my last pregnancy, my weight rocketed, and it wasn't until I saw a picture of myself that I knew I needed to change."
Amy had a friend who was doing Slimming World and lent her a few books which she began cooking from, within a few weeks Amy had lost a stone, but she found the process hard on her own.
She said: "It was at this point I realised I needed some help, following a leaflet coming through the door, I decided to join my local group in Hatfield with Kirsty Forbes.
You may also want to watch:
"I was nervous and scared to walk through the doors for the first time, but my consultant put me at ease, and I sat down to my new member talk I remember sitting there thinking - wow you can eat so much free filling food! The others in the group were so supportive and I have made some amazing lifelong friends.
"I was loving the food - I was still having all my favourites like curries, and burger and chips, just done the Slimming World way, and at we had a new family favourite - Diet Coke Chicken.
- 1 'Fantastic to meet everybody' - New White Horse pub manager looking forward to letting more people in on May 17
- 2 'Through the worst of it' - Funeral director looking forward to return to normality after busiest months of his 25 year career
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 'Time to deliver' - Councillors react to the May 6 local elections results
- 5 Have you seen this missing teenager from Knebworth?
- 6 Symbolic centenary torch created by student to be stored in museum
- 7 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 8 County council elections round-up for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
"Before I was reaching for the biscuit packet, but now I enjoy filling meals and if needed I can still enjoy my favourite snacks."
Amy now exercises daily something she could have never managed before, and is now happy and confident and loves being able to play with the children without being in pain.
She added: "The children even come on walks and runs with me and so it has changed everyone, and we all enjoy eating as family.
"In total I have lost a massive 6 stone and I did that within a 14-month period, and I have gone from a size 24 to a 12."
Amy felt so passionate about helping others regain their life and shed the misery of being overweight that she has become a consultant herself. She runs two groups in Hatfield on a Monday and Wednesday evening virtually due to current restrictions.
For more contact Amy on 07702 911160 or go to www.slimmingworld.co.uk.