More than 500 reported cases of coronavirus in a week
- Credit: PA
There were 592 cases of coronavirus recorded in Welwyn Hatfield for the week of December 18 to 24.
This was an increase of 271 on the week prior, which recorded 321 cases.
While cases are very high, deaths have remained low.
So far in December five people have sadly died due to coronavirus, last month saw six deaths.
The worst month of the year was April, which saw 32 deaths.
You may also want to watch:
Cases per 1000,000 in Welwyn Hatfield is well above the national average, with 481 cases per 100,000 people while the average area in England had 267.
For the same week, 18 to 24, Hertsmere recorded more than 100 cases per day.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 10 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
Hertsmere had 890 cases in the latest week, 331 more than the week before.
This means Hertsmere has more than three times the cases per 100,000 than the average area in England at 848.
Hertsmere have sadly had 10 deaths related to coronavirus this month.
For more information visit: coronavirus.data.gov.uk.