More than 500 reported cases of coronavirus in a week
- Credit: PA
There were 592 cases of coronavirus recorded in Welwyn Hatfield for the week of December 18 to 24.
This was an increase of 271 on the week prior, which recorded 321 cases.
While cases are very high, deaths have remained low.
So far in December five people have sadly died due to coronavirus, last month saw six deaths.
The worst month of the year was April, which saw 32 deaths.
You may also want to watch:
Cases per 1000,000 in Welwyn Hatfield is well above the national average, with 481 cases per 100,000 people while the average area in England had 267.
For the same week, 18 to 24, Hertsmere recorded more than 100 cases per day.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 6 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
Hertsmere had 890 cases in the latest week, 331 more than the week before.
This means Hertsmere has more than three times the cases per 100,000 than the average area in England at 848.
Hertsmere have sadly had 10 deaths related to coronavirus this month.
For more information visit: coronavirus.data.gov.uk.